Fellow Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan.
Area of Expertise
Nasir Gulzar is the senior Partner at Nasir Javaid Maqsood Imran, Chartered Accountants (NJMI) since 1995. Qualified in 1988, is the fellow Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan since 1995.
He has adequate experience of direct and indirect tax planning of individual and corporate clients, feasibility studies and financial projections for industrial & other projects and Identification of optimal financial plan & financing mechanism for new & ongoing projects.
He has conducted various assignments for national and multinational clients including, accounting assignments, salary surveys, audits, system audit, mergers and amalgamation, listing of shares on Stock Exchanges, incorporation and compliance under corporate and related laws of Pakistan and specialized knowledge in, Telecommunication and electricity sectors in Pakistan. He has adequate knowledge of regulations of Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan applicable to private, listed and unlisted companies.
Before starting public practice, being Manager Finance (CFO) in a textile company listed on stock exchange), having 5 conventional and 1 open end unit, was responsible for Finance Department- dealing with banks in respect of L/Cs (local and international), financing arrangements for pledge of cotton, obtaining running finance, project finance, cotton procurement, import, export and local sale of yarn, mills coordination, corporate, taxation, etc., reporting to CEO directly, supervising a team of around 25-30 people.
Hired by NAS Air (Riyadh, Saudi Arabia) as a consultant, for adherence to policies and procedures of Payroll and to identify weakness in their Revenues and Collection system and present solution to those problem.
Hired by Saudi Material Recycling Co (SAMARCO) Dammam KSA, for time and motion study to evaluate meaningful utilization of their human resource. Also hired by Chinon Camera, Hong Kong for detailed System review and internal Audit.
-De-facto CFO of various small and medium size entities where accounts and finance departments are being supervised by our firm and preparation and analysis of monthly operational results and various management reports for the guidance of the clients.
– Audit & Corporate consultancy of listed and unlisted companies;
– Preparation and analysis of monthly operational results and management reports on behalf of the client;
– Advising clients on financial, Income tax, sales tax and corporate matters, etc.;
– Preparation of feasibility studies and financial projections, Identification of optimal financial plan & financing mechanism for new & ongoing projects;
– Coordination with foreign brokerage houses on behalf of clients for foreign equity placement of projects under implementation;
– Arrangement of underwriters & financing facilities for clients;
– Incorporation of Limited Companies, firms, handling of public issue of shares and their listing on Stock Exchanges;
– Handling of winding up of limited companies;
– Handling of mergers and amalgamations of Ltd. Companies;
– Tax planning and management & preparation & filing of tax returns of individual and corporate clients;
– Attending hearing and finalization of assessments, developing & implementing effective computerized financial accounting and management information system along with relevant controls and its supervision;
He is an independent director of National Transmission and Despatch Company Limited (NTDCL) and the chairman Audit committee, chairman negotiation committee, member HR committee, member Procurement committee, member Risk Management committee, member nomination committee, gained a lot about the working of State owned enterprises, specially in transmission system and working of BOD and Board committees.
NTDCL owns and operates the high voltage transmission system in Pakistan. The company employs a staff of over nine thousand that is engaged in managing the transmission network that extends into all the provinces of the country and the AJK
He is also serving as an independent director of National Power Parks Management Company (Pvt) Limited (NPPMCL) since January 2020, including chairman audit committee, and member Risk Management committee
Positions attained in organizations and other fields of service;
1980-85 Trained with A.F. Ferguson & co., chartered accountants, member firm of PWC.
1985-87 Audit manager with Majeed Faizi & Co., chartered accountants.
1987-91 Worked with public listed textiles spinning mills in the capacity of Manager Finance (CFO).
1991-95 Public Practicing under the name & style of “Nasir Gulzar & Co.” chartered accountants.
1995-to date Founder and senior partner of “Nasir Javaid Maqsood Imran”, Chartered Accountants.
2016-to date Independent director of National Transmission and Despatch Company Limited (NTDCL)
2020-to date Independent director of National Power Parks Management Company (Pvt) Limited (NPPMCL)